As you might already heard in the news, Facebook, Instagram’s parent company, has decided to shut several Instagram APIs overnight. You can read more about it here.
This decision has had a direct and immediate impact on our platform and our users’ ability to use some of our product features.
The features affected by this change are the following:
- All Instagram accounts authenticated on Audiense won’t synchronize their follower and following lists anymore.
- These accounts will still have access to the data of the latest synchronization, performed before April 4th.
- Starting today, our customers won’t be able to synchronize new Instagram accounts.
- Search all Instagram” feature will search users on our database but no new Instagram accounts will appear in there, only those stored before April 4th.
- Account actions such as follow, like, block or comments can not be performed anymore.
- Instagram user profiles and timelines are not accessible anymore in the platform.
We have faced this kind of situations in the past and have always looked for new ways to develop the capabilities our customers need and want. Rest assured we are already studying the possibilities of any new Instagram APIs can offer to give our customers the best experience possible.
Feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or want to discuss this further.